Thursday, October 06, 2005

It's that time of year again

Fantasy Basketball Time!

I prefer to play salary cap games, especially since you usually have to pay for draft leagues. Sportingnews is my site of choice since i was playing their fantasy leagues back when they were an independent company called Sandboxgames.com.

My six man roster for this year:

Gaurds - Andre Miller, and Josh Smith
Forwards - Emeka Okafor and Stromile Swift
Center - Yao Ming
6th man - Ron Artest

The only player i'm not so thrilled about Miller. But his stats are fairly strong, so maybe if denver is good he will pan out. Seems to fit the winning formula. I have one player on a bad team who should put up good numbers (Smith). Okafor and Ming were decent last year and are both poised to step up to the 20-10 club this year. Swift I got on the cheap and am hoping he will put up big enough numbers to inflate his value so that maybe i could package him and either miller or artest to get a high dollar guy with triple double capability. I am also lacking a multi position guy (g/f or f/c) who would give me more flexibility as far as player movement goes.

NBATV is starting to be the worst thing that has ever happened to me. If I don't get out of the house by 7 I end up laying around and convincing myself that it is ok so lay around till 10 and then watch whatever training camp they are showcasing that day and then rolling into work around noon. I am more productive late at night anyways, so this may end up being a legitimate shift until the regular season starts.

3 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bid to save search butler Jeeves
Jeeves has been associated with the Ask site since its inception Search firm Ask is coming under pressure to keep its Jeeves character as its public face.
Hey, I really love your blog! I am definitly going to bookmark your blog!

I have a ##work at home## Web site. It pretty much covers ##work at home## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time:-}

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Blog ho said...

as long as you're drinking it's ok to lay around.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger 3am wanderer said...

Nice group you've got!

Denver signed Earl Watson this year but Denver keeps claiming that they're not shopping Andre Miller. Looks like Miller will spend time at the 2 this year. How does Sporting News rank stats? Stromile is a sleeper this year, but sometimes he gets lower rebounds than he should for whatever reason. I like him, even though I just traded AK47 and Swift for Marion. I find Tauruses to be most reliable. ;) (I'm probably the only fantasy player who uses astrology to make roster decisions). JR Smith is projected to have a big year (I think he just scored 26 in a pre-season game) and there's really no one else on that team who can score. Artest is fantasy ridunculicious. Nice!

Do you check out www.rotoworld.com?

That's a great site for breaking fantasy news. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home