Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I feel like I should care more....

Tonight I have to give a seminar over my research progress to all the graduate students in the department. It is supposed to be somewhat polished and professional and contain data and all that stuff. I finished putting together slides last friday and really haven't given it a thought since. Last night I decided that beer, pizza, and pool were a better alternative to proffing my talk and practicing. And I followed that up with staying up till midnight to watch McGrady bust one in Van Horn's eye for 2-0 lead.

Today I have already spent more time on this post than i have on my talk, and it doesn't even bother me. I am so confident that i am so good, I don't even feel the need to reherse. This is either going to go really well, or really bad.

Oh well, either way there will be a happy hour afterwards.

1 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Annette said...

Been there, done that. I can't think of a time where this strategy has actually worked out well for me. Hopefully you have better luck than I do :=).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home