Monday, January 23, 2006

If cleanliness is next to godliness, then I'm a Christmas/Easter christian...

It's not that I don't like having my desk/apartment/car clean, I just don't like doing the cleaning myself. I'm not good at cleaning. Mostly because I'm not good at organizing. Part of this also has to do with the fact that my life is series of ebbs and flows. I'll hit a stretch where I have relatively little to do and some days will just be filled with monotony and time filling with menial tasks that need to get done but are not pressing or of any real importance. Then, there are times when I hardly have a moment to breath. Stacks of work and experiments and home life that need to be taken care of and serious decisions about priorities have to be made on the fly. This is only exacerbated by my procrastination that builds up in the low points. Because of this I usually hit a critical mass about twice a year when I give in and clean everything and organize everything and get it working like a machine.....for a few weeks. Then the gradual decline starts until the next time I can't take it any more. I think I'm reaching one of those melting points now. Once I get the current helping of obligation and productivity off my plate I'm going to put everything back in order and once again swear that I will keep it that way forever. Who knows.....sooner or later it might actually happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home