Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Technodoohickies....

I am the biggest geek for anything electronic that can do anything remotely cool. I want an infrared thermometer for Christmas just so I can sit on the couch and check what the temperature of the windows across the room is. However, there are times when even the best gizmos are packed so poorly or unnecessarily that they impair functionality; this is a problem.

Case in point: The following conversation was relayed to me today by a friend, I have had a similar experience.

Friend: I'd like to buy a new cell phone.

Cell Phone Guy: Great, which one would you like.

F: I'm not sure.

CPG: Well, let's figure out what you need. Do you need a camcorder?

F: No.

CPG: Do you need a digital Camera?

F: No.

CPG: Do you need satellite television?

F: No.

CPG: Do you need it to make daiquiris?

F: No.

CPG: Groom your dog?

F: No.

CPG: A ringer that sounds like someone is burping?

F: No.

CPG: Tell you what the going postal rate is Uruguay?

F: No.

CPG: Well what do you want then?

F: I'd like to punch a numerical sequence into a key pad, then be able to talk to someone and hang up when I'm done.

CPG: Oh.....hmmmm.....The current generation of cell phones has made voice communication obsolete. We no longer offer those options.

2 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Blog ho said...

i have a pez that does that

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"damn that window is cold, i should obviously not leave the couch today"...gotta love technology...
-k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home