Friday, December 02, 2005

I'm stuck in a rut......

My biggest obstacle is always overcoming my own procrastination. I'm having to deal with this again, but the problem is that I lack sufficient motivation. I am speaking with my boss on Monday and if that works out well I may be off and running, but if not, then I'm still in hole.

I have a time table for graduation but it isn't set in stone and depends a lot on other people which is never a good idea for making deadlines. I'm sure I'll get a thesis together I'm just beginning to think that it is going to turn out to be a rag-tag montage of various small experiments instead of one logical pathway to any sort of intelligible conclusion. Looks like I will be getting my own roton the start of next year, and that will probably do wonders for me. Having a lab monkey is a great way to force organization and spontaneously create productivity out of thin air.

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Annette said...

Good luck on the thesis. I know how hard it can be to get motivated to work on it. I'm sure you'll do fine once you get started. A lab monkey? Sounds like fun...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home