Saturday, December 18, 2004

I am so sick in the head.....

I like to watch TV especially the news and talk shows and say things like "I am so glad I am not psycho like that guy." or "Boy is he/she fucked in the head."

but then the other day I saw a story on multiple personalities and I thought to myself, "I could be the most screwed up person ever!"

OK, hold on, this might hurt your head. This is what I was thinking when that thought crossed my mind. When people have MP it is usually manifested as a single person being "inhabited" by a party of very different individuals. There is sometimes a Vietnam vet, who has PTSD and just broke up with his wife, drinks to much and hasn't seen his kids in years. And sometimes there is a small girl who is completely sheltered and regressive because here wealthy jet setting parents didn't really want her so they abused and neglected her and then eventually left her with a sherpa in nepal to be taken to a temple to be trained as a high priestess in some lesser known religion.

anyways, the MP person is characterized by violent shifts in behaviour because the personalities are often so different and conflicting. But, what if this isn't always the case?

I began to think. What if I have two personalities, but they aren't wildly different and conflicting? Perhaps, my two personalities are identical twins! they look alike, have the same body image. there were raised together, (the kind that always had two of everything and got along well and shared a common set of friends) so they have she same views and beliefs based on common life experiences. They are also the wierdly close kind that are sort of telepathic and can finish each other's thoughts and everything. I could be inhabited by two people with the exact same personality! in which case you and possibly even me would never know if I was switching wildly between the two.

This brings up an even more obtuse question....If they are basicaly the same person, does that count as multiple personalities? What if I need my own classification of mental illness? I am two people, trapped in one body, that share a common psyche! At this point I am beyond frantic and have really freaked myself out.

But, as I plunge my hand into my pocket to get my cell phone and call someone frantically for help, i end up pulling something else out. The next thought I have is "Cool, I didn't know I had a dollar in my pocket." and all is cool again. I go back to watching cartoons and eating my new Winter Fruity Pebbles.

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting blare... =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home