Friday, June 03, 2005

Bad move...bad, bad move.

the problem with proving that you can do things, is that people then expect you to do things.

I walked into this internship and spent the first day shadowing a guy around a lab, learning where things were, learned a little bit about how corporate protocol differs from academic...etc. The second day he offers to show me how to run a western. I have a brain lapse and say "I know how to do that", I then make the mistake of proving that not only do i know how to do it, but I can do it 25% faster than the current method they are using.

I walk in this morning and the boss man says "we have six month back-log of westerns that need to be run. here is where all the samples are. Boy, this is going to be a productive summer."

why oh why do i have to be so damn good at everything i do?

4 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Annette said...

What's a western? Assuming it's not a movie about cowboys.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Anti-Blogger said...

I learned that lesson many years ago when I was a surgeon. Someone yelled, "Hey! This guy is having a heart attack. Aren't you a doctor?" I said, "No, I am just visiting a sick friend.".

The funeral was nice.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Blog ho said...

western sounds like a blow job in utah.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger boabhan sith said...

I act dumb for about a month when starting a new job...precisly for that reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home