Monday, February 14, 2005

Yet another Monday

It's Monday again, yet to me it feels like whatever day is 3 after friday, but before saturday. This is because I had to put in a full day of work both days this weekend. I had a great but way too short repreive saturday evening, but that was it. So here I am, sleep deprived and over worked looking toward the days ahead.

I already have the feeling that this is week that I am going to hope will just be over with. Many reasons for that, some good, some bad. I just have the horribly unsettling feeling that on the figurative road that is my career I missed one of the exits I was supposed to take and ended up off course in this sort of purgatory. I'm pretty sure that there aren't a whole lot of feelings worse than setting a five year goal and realizing after a year you are going to fail horribly and then having to sit through another four years just to confirm your dissapointment.

Yet at the exact same time there are a couple of things in my life that I am really excited about and am enjoying. I'm the kind of person who can be psychoticly motivated when I am really looking forward to something or really hate something. But when I wake up every day and want to be there for half of it and don't for the other it's hard to figure out how I am supposed to aproach the tasks at hand.

One thing is for sure, in the next six months something is going to break. It's either going to be me or this damn project and I don't fold easy. Either way it is probably going to be big nasty and violent so if you see the fuse smoldering i'd take cover till the firey wrath and pain subside.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Annette said...

Now you're sounding like me with the grad school misgivings. It's too bad there's no crystal ball to clear up our uncertainties. Well, I hope everything works out for you.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Blog ho said...

ah, that sucks. if i were you, I'd get MORE student loans, quit my job, buy MORE pot and just try to really...enjoy grad school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home